This week the Governor signed an executive order which requires families and visitors show proof of vaccination to visit residents in long term care facilities. There are also some additional things you should know.
Is your loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility?
If you are concerned about the safety and well-being of a spouse, parent, or other loved one who lives in a nursing home or assisted living facilty, contact us.
Six questions you need to ask the long term care facility regarding COVID-19:
- Has anyone in the facility tested positive for COVID-19?
- What is the facility doing to prevent infections?
- Does facility staff have the personal protective equipment (PPE) – like masks, face shields, gowns, gloves— that they need to stay safe, and keep their patients safe?
- What is the facility doing to help residents stay connected with their families or other loved ones during this time?
- What is the plan for the facility to communicate important information to both residents and families on a regular basis?
- Is the facility currently at full staffing levels for nurses, aides, and other workers?